Sunday, November 14, 2010

Form Results


The title of my form was "Survey on Marriage". I wanted to know how the generation of 2010 viewed marriage. I asked about 10 questions and I had 20 people respond. Below are the questions I asked, as well as the answers that coincide with them.

  • Question 1: Do you think that it is okay to have children prior to marriage?
  • Answer: 8 of the 20 people that responded said no and 11 said yes. Percentage wise, 58% think that it is okay to have children prior to marriage and 42% disagree that it is acceptable. Almost an even race in regards to that question.
  • Question 2: What age do you believe is appropriate for marriage and why?
  • Answer: This question obviously has various responses. After evaluating the results, there is no common ago or average. The ages range for the age of 16-35. The most common age was surprisingly 18 or slightly older. Some people didn't give a particular ago and said it depended on the person. After seeing these results, I now know it DEFINITELY depends on the person.
  • Question 3: Do you think becoming pregnant is a reason to marry? (I gave three options; Never, sometimes, and always)
  • Answer: 10 or 53% of you lovely survey takers responded never. 8 or 42% said sometimes it's okay. Last but not least, only 1 person or 5% said it's always a reason to marry.
  • Question 4: If you are married or plan to be in the future, will you share a bank account with your spouse? The survey takers has 4 options.  
  • Answer: The first was, "No, I want to spend the money I earn how I want." Only 1 person selected this option, which equaled 5%. The second was, "No, I don't trust my spouse to spend our money wisely." No one chose this option. The third was, "Yes, I want to have access to my spouse's money so that I can spend whatever I want." A whopping 1 person also chose to select this box, which also equaled 5%. Lastly, "Yes, I believe my spouse and I will agree on what we spend and budget together." 17 people chose this option, which equaled 89%.
  • Question 5: Which of the following is the most important quality that you are looking for in a spouse?
  • Answer: 0% said Money, 5% (1 person) said religious views, 5% (1 person)  said personality and appearance, 84% (16 people)  said compatibility, and 5% (1 person)  said that their spouse had to be family oriented.
  • Question 6: How long was your longest relationship?
  • Answer: There were 4 options in this category also. The first was less than a year (3 people or 16%). The second was 1-3 years (9 people or 47%). The third was 3-5 years (3 people or 16%). Lastly, 5 years or more (4 people or 21%).
  • Question 7: On a scale of one to ten, how do you perceive divorce? (1 = agree and 10 = strongly disagree).
  • Answer: 1= 0 people or 0%, 2= 2 people or 11%, 3=2 people or 11%, 4=1 person or 5%, 5=6 people or 32%, 6=1 person or 5%, 7=3 people or 16%, 8= 1 person or 5%, 9= 0 people or 0%, 10=3 people or 16%
  • Question 8: Which of the options below, in your opinion, causes the most divorces?
  • Answer: Finances= 74% (14 people), Children=21% (4 people), Lack of quality time=53% (10 people), Married too young=42% (8 people)
  • Question 9: What, in your opinion, can be done to prevent divorce?
  • Answer: This was a free response portion. All the answers varied a great deal.
  • Question 10: If you have different religious views than your partner, do you think that you can still make the relationship work?
  • Answer: Yes=74% or 14 people. No=26% or 5 people.
I really enjoyed this project. Even though I didn't agree with a lot of people, it was still really nice seeing what people truly think when it comes to marriage. Thanks to all who participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment