Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Post 10

An Open Letter To Educators
This post was published by a woman by the name of Morgan Bayda. She discusses how sometimes college can be boring and repetitive. She then gives us an example of something that all college students know. We all know that unless you have a very outgoing or passionate teacher, that we are rarely encouraged to work with other students. Yet, in classes like EDM 310 for example, we are constantly interacting with each other as well as others across the world. In other words, the World Wide Web has opened us up for so many opportunities, as well as alternate plans. We may not need to drop out of school like Dan Brown did, but we can use the resources available to us to interact with others.





Tom Johnson's Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home
I really enjoyed Tom Johnson's post! I think that yes, technology is and always will be the best way for us to learn, but when all else fails, you have your pencil and your paper. I also liked the way that he avoided calling the pencil a problem and instead substituted the negativity that we were all feeling as we read with a solution! We the students may not be good test takers, but we also aren't all technologically literate either. I think that we should learn as technology advances but we should also never forget about our trusty pencil and paper.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
I think that sometimes it's good to just sit back and think about what you have accomplished thus far in life. I think that every now and then it's good to look back , reflect , and say "I did this the best!" If I had to write a sentence that applied to my life it would be, "She always did the right thing, even when she didn't feel like it." I feel like this is what I have done the best in my life. When I didn't feel like saying "Thank You" or when someone was rude, I was the person who as you would say, "Killed em' with kindness." Some people say that I am a "people pleaser", but I know that I am just doing the right thing. In the end, if I am the one who is satisfied, that's all that matters. Be motivated!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    You bring to light something that I think is very important ... . I also liked the way that he avoided calling the pencil a problem and instead substituted the negativity that we were all feeling as we read with a solution! Instead of being negative we need to come up with solutions to situations pertaining to education. I think positive thinking can help us change the system as much as new technology! Great point!

    ReplyDelete