Saturday, October 16, 2010

Project 10 (My PLN)

Before this class, I did not know what a PLN was. I've come to learn that the acronym stands for Personal Learning Network. This is great for not only students but teachers as well. I hope my PLN continues to grow. The following is my PLN thus far:

  1. I have been on Facebook for about three years now, and I love keeping in touch with all my high school and church friends, as well as my long-distance family and friends. It also helps being friends with you classmates, so you can get help if you miss a class or have a question on a project.
  2. I have had my Myspace a little longer than my Facebook. I generally only use that account to see what people have going on in their personal lives, but I don't get on as much now because Facebook is SO much better!
  3. My newest addition to the PLN family would probably be Blogger. This account is helping me "leave my intellectual trail" for my future bosses and co-workers!
  4. I probably use Google on a hourly basis. If I need information about a particular subject, if I'm getting the scoop on celebrities, or whether I need to know how to spell a word for a text I'm trying to send, Google is always there.
  5. If I upload pictures to my computer, I do so via Picasa. I really love editing and uploading with this source. It's fast, easy, and has so many options and enhancements.
A cool blog to go to if you want more information about PLN, and what yours is would be http://www.teachingvillage.org/2009/09/10/what-is-a-pln-anyway/

No comments:

Post a Comment