Wednesday, October 27, 2010

C4K Summary for October!

I had a young man named Night as my first assignment, and he had just experienced cross country. I don't know what it is about all the students I have been assigned thus far, but they have all run cross country just as I have. He seemed to really enjoy it and I told him that it cross country was something that he really liked to continue to pursue it. I then wished him luck in the upcoming school year!

My next student's name was Sophie. I thoroughly enjoyed her post. She talked about Father's Day and the gifts she gave her dad which were sweets, lottery tickets and they went for a walk on the beach as a family. I told her that the gifts that she gave her dad were perfect, because as much as he enjoyed the sweets, lottery tickets, and walking on the beach, I am sure he enjoyed spending the day with her most of all! I gave her a word of advice. I told her that Father's Day is about spending quality time with your dad and letting him know he is appreciated.

My next student I was assigned talked about the movie Cars and I love the movie cars! She related the movie to her friendships. Her best friends name is Sarah! That’s a great name! She posted that a good quality of friendship is someone who will help you fulfill you dreams. I think she hit the nail on the head with that one. A friend will always support you in what you do and encourage you to reach for your goals and dreams.

Hannah was my next student! She talked about her mom and a trip they took together to Disney World. My mom and I are very close and I would love for just the two of us to get away on a trip like that! I told her about my last trip there. The last time I went to Disney World I was 19. I will be 21 in 1 week from today so, it has been two long years since my last trip! I hope to be able to go again soon and stay in the Wilderness Lodge just like she did! I encouraged her to continue posting. She did a great job!
Clancy was my last student, and he was from Australia. I think it is so awesome that I can communicate with students all around the world via Blogger! In Clancy's blog, he talked about a run that he and his classmates did to raise money for a school in Uganda! That is a really great thing to run for, I told him! 15 laps is a lot to run or walk for a young man. In his post he stated that after he ran he was "puffed". I told him, that in Australia you say that you are "puffed" when you are out of breath. In the United States, you would say you are "winded". I think I like puffed a lot better. He said his teacher was going to post a slide show soon of all the pictures from the run. I let him know I was excited to see the slide show. I really enjoyed his enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment