Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

I found google squared to be a really useful search engine for education. With google squared you can do quite a lot of research that can be used to enhance your teaching in the classroom. It is a new search engine to me but I would recommend it to others for thier benefit.

I also found wolfram alpha to be a very helpful search engine that could be very useful in the classroom. It had many interesting facts and graphs right at your finger tips with no effort from you. It was also another search engine that I had never heard of but that I would again recommend to others for their benefit.

My thoughts on the "Did You Know 3.0" video did not change. If anything changed at all it would be that I would always research the statistics I read more in depth before sharing them with others.


I also found that "Foos for Thought" was extremely interesting. It is amazing to me that you can take someone completely illiterate and they can do as much as figure out how to use an ipad. I appreciate technology even more after reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Where is Blog Assignment #4? You cannot afford to be late in EDM310.

    These two search engines have the power to reshape assignments, student projects and, hopefully, the thinking of what teachers see as appropriate outcomes for learning.

    Illiteracy does not necessarily mean an inability to reason, explore and answer questions. AA#2 will address that issue soon. It is coming next week.

    ReplyDelete